Good afternoon! I am so excited to have this weekend off to just catch up on some much needed rest and enjoy not having to be at work. To start off on a good note, I spent my morning at the Houston Galleria with my little sister to check out the brand new MORPHE STORE!!!! YES, you read that right. We have one now and I am totally stoked about it. If you don’t know anything about the Morphe brand….you’ve been living under a rock. This is the most affordable, widely praised, deeply pigmented, amazing brand of makeup and brushes I have ever used (and ya girl has ALOT of makeup). As soon as the ribbon was cut, I was so excited to have a day off to check it out. So, off we went!
Of course I can’t just visit one store while I’m there. I’m on a mission to find a couple of things I have had my eye on. While I’m there I wanted to check out the amazing Labor Day deals that are happening this weekend. I will share the best deals with the most savings with each store I mention. Now let’s do the damn thing!
1.Journeys is having a great sale on a number of different brands. I’ve had my eyes on Adidas lately because of the comfort and style of their new lines. I love the color palette most all of the shoes are in as well. Because I’m on my feet all day at work I am always looking for a comfortable pair of cute shoes I can dress up with my Z Supply outfits and dress down to the gym later. These Adidas Tubular Shadow shoes are the perfect shoe for work and play. They’re cute, comfortable, and are on SALE right now. Regularly priced $99, they are an affordable $59, this weekend only. Because I live so close to the beach, I have to mention that these cute Sperry Slip On Shoes are also on sale for a great deal this weekend ($75 down to $39). I love a good shoe sale and this one is not one to miss. There are plenty of great deals to choose from, these two were just my top picks for shoes I don’t already own.
2. Three Bird Nest is one of my favorite boho boutiques ever. I have purchased my favorite messy bun baseball caps from them. As well as different bralettes, plazzo pants, and boho inspired tees. 3BN also has deals called “outfit of the week” where you can literally purchase a whole $75+ outfit for $30 (and they are CUTE). I love the style and aesthetic of all the pieces they sell. When I saw their sale this weekend, I had to jump on it. All new arrivals are 30% off when you use the code NEW30. From sweaters to jumpsuits, to maxis and graphic tees, they have it all. Currently in my cart, I have the Midtown Crochet Hem Slip Tunic to layer under denim jackets and long sweaters, the Girl Power tee to make sure everyone knows who’s boss, and the Lolita Ruffle Button Up Blouse to pair with boho sandals and distress jeans. The sale is so worth it and I can’t wait to show off all of my new buys!
3. STEVE MADDEN now, this sale is only good in store, but its GOOD! All of their clearance shoes are 50% off! I got a pair of $90 hot pink ankle strap block heels for $21! I am SO excited for these shoes and definitely want to go back to shop some more. But, my arms were starting to hurt from all of my new items so shoe shopping will have to continue on another day.
(aren’t they just perfect?!)
4. Old Navy This has got to be one of the best deals of the weekend because of the amazing savings you’ll have. Right now, ALL dresses, jeans, sweatshirts, and t-shirts are 50% off. YES, GIRL! Jeans anywhere from $15 to $20 (hello fall). Tops and cardigans ready for layering and outfitting with your new Steve Madden shoes or Journey’s finds. Some of my favorites were the Chambray Flutter Sleeve shirt dress ($20), the mid-rise Rockstar 24/7 jeans that fit like a glove and are as smooth as butter. They’re not stiff and pair perfectly with flats, cute sneakers, or fall booties. The jeans are on sale for $20 this weekend so this is something you don’t want to miss. Another favorite is their Relaxed Classic Shirt that I had purchased last year and came back for this year. This shirt is the ultimate button down. It’s soft, pairs with jeans or leggings, can be complimented with anything from a denim jacket to a cute cardigan. I love the classic button down shirt “look” its just so cute and looks good on everyone. If you order online (and pick up in store) today, you can receive an EXTRA 20% off your order! BONUS! These sneakers are all on sale and look cute paired with the denim skinnies and button down I suggested.
5. Barnes & Noble This is their first ever Book Haul Blowout. This sale is incredible. I am definitely a book worm so, when I heard about this sale I almost didn’t believe it. Best sellers, fiction books, almost all genres are on this sale. I am a thriller/fiction kind of gal, but I also appreciate a good romance novel (hello Sarah Dessen). Some new reads I have my eye on (and that are on sale) are The Perfect Mother by Aimee Molloy, A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle, and A Beautiful Mind, a Beautiful Life: The Bubz Guide to Being Unstoppable by Lindy Tsang. These have all been mentioned in various articles for hot books to read for late summer. If you just need to get your mind off of school, grab one of these, find your hammock & a good tree, and relax. I love that reading transports you to a different place and these picks will definitely help you escape.
6. Altar’d State of course I can’t mention good sales without mentioning my own store! Through the weekend we have ALL fashion tops and denim buy one get one 50% off! Not only is this sale perfect for the fall, it’s perfect for now. Most all of our tops are thin so you can layer them with denim jackets, sweaters, and cardigans. The jeans we offer are lightweight and wont make you too hot through this crazy Texas heat. I love the variety of colors in store and I am SO READY to break out my cardigans. It’s been hot for way too long now, let’s bring on the sweater weather! Here are my favorite picks for tops and denim. The Trula Top, Campfires and Coffee top, Florence top, and the Velma Top all pair nicely with the Kate Button Front Fray Hem jeans. There are SO MANY options for tops check them all out here and all the denim offered is here.
7. Morphe here is the BEST sale of all. Before you buy all your clothes, cute accessories, and new books, you have to look good. Morphe will definitely get you there. There are currently 7 palettes, an eye primer, and a 12 piece brush set on sale for 20% off. This sale is also good in store if you want to visit their new Houston Galleria location. I just purchased the 25D palette and the 702 eye makeup brush set. Along with some Jeffree Star makeup, I walked out of the store with money saved AND I felt like a queen.
8. Tarte Cosmetics are all buy one get one 50% off with the code BOGO50! Some of my favorite items from this sale are the Shape Tape Matte Foundation and if you need some extra moisture, the shape tape hydrating foundation is the one for you. Both of these can be applied with a beauty blender or brush and the coverage is full-buildable. For you gals that like a light foundation or just a tinted moisturizer I would pick the water foundation broad spectrum SPF 15 or the amazonian clay bb cream tinted moisturizer. Of course your look isn’t completed without the concealer and the highly raved shape tape contour concealer is one of the best. Although, I have used the aquacealer concealer and I really prefer this one. A little goes a long way and I was able to apply with both a sponge or brush. Along with face makeup, I would definitely add some eye palettes to your order. The tartest PRO amazonian clay palette is one of my absolute faves. I also love all three of the tartelette palettes because of the beautiful colors offered. The absolute best palette to get the most bang for your buck is the limited edition rainforest of the sea eyeshadow palette vol. 2 its on sale for $25 and at BOGO 50% off, you can save some serious money.
- Kate Spade is offering an EXTRA 30% off with the code oneofakind
- Kirklands Home Decor has a coupon for 20% your entire order with the code LABORDAY and you can use it on top of sale items!
- Michael Kors is offering an EXTRA 25% OFF already reduced sale styles, through Monday.
I hope you find something good in all of these sales! I can’t wait to see what looks you put together for fall! Stay tuned for even more sales and beauty updates on the blog!